Wednesday, February 01, 2006

More Music, More Drama

I can't believe it's already February ... what the hell happened to January? I've been so super busy this month I barely had time to register that a month has passed. I guess my lack of entries in my lil' blog here goes to prove just how busy I've been. I've been thoroughly neglectful of my dutiful readers ... all 3 of U (but BL I see you 4 days a week and U get ALL the scoop, not just the little bit I write about here ;-) )

So, just 2 quickly touch bases:

1. Six Degrees closes this weekend, only 2 shows left. I'm really going to miss this role and this show. This role is by far my favorite and I believe I gave the best acting performance of my life to date during the show last Saturday. I can't explain it except to say that I actually wore Paul's skin. Little nuances and details and new emotions appeared that I had nothing to do with, it just came from actually being the character instead of acting the character. For once I got out of my head and just let my gut and my soul do all the work. It was fascinating 4 me. I hope I can get to that place again.

2. I went to the studio on Monday night for the first time in what seems like a long time but what's only actually been since November. The song I worked on was "Adonis" ... it's from that pop/rock EP I've been slowly putting together since like last March or some bullish like that. All I have to say is ... wow. It sounds great. Rarely am I this happy at this point in the process of a song. I mean it's not even mixed yet. Really the only thing left is the guitar solo in the bridge and the mixing. I can only hope that the other four songs turn out this good! I should finally be finsihed with this EP in March. We're getting close. Don't know when I'll release it though. I have something up my sleeve, still working it all out.

3. Pat called me the other day and suggested I send a package to the new Sony "gay" label Music with a Twist. I'd heard of this but never thought to send them anything because ... well, I've never sent a major label anything. I mean, what's the point? Will they actually open it anyway, much less listen to it? Even if they did and liked it, what then? You have to be SO careful when dealing with record labels. Way too many artists have been screwed from not understanding the fine print. Anyhoo, I thought it rather odd that he would call out of the blue and suggest this. He's been in the business a long time and has always said I had major label potential and SHOULD be knocking on their door, so I took this as sign. 1 hour of internet searching, 6 phone calls and 2 messages later and I still don't have an address or contact to send a package to. So, ok, maybe it wasn't a sign. LOL. It's all good. I know my time will come.

4. I made the startling realization the other day that I've written no new songs since I met my boyfriend. I've had ideas, but no full fledged songs. Granted I've alreayd written hundreds so I'm not too concerned about that, I just wonder to myself if it's easier for me to create when I'm sad, lonely and heartbroken than it is when I'm happy? I don't think that's true at all, but if it were true I'd gladly never write another song! 5 months and we're going strong! I believe 4 the first time in my life I'll actually have someone to be with on Valentines! Hmmm, maybe I could write a song about that!

"Could b an organ donor the way I give up my heart ..." - Outkast, Happy Valentine's Day

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww Boo, the songwriting will come although it does seem to flow much easier during times of hardships and turmoil. LOL. Can't wait to hear some of the new stuff. Mine is coming oh so "slowly" but "surely".

Have fun in Miami. Wish you were going the week we'd be there. DAMN!
Much Love!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home